- Jun 25 - Recycle to Win a Free Laptop from Staples
- Jun 14 - GET ACTIVE NIGHTS ARE BACK!
- Jun 3 - Grade 8 Farewell
- May 31 - Parent help needed on PBS day
- May 20 - May 20th No School Due to Victoria Day Holiday
- May 16 - Grade 3 & 6 Alberta Achievement Testing
- May 15 - YCS Property Tax
- May 11 - YCS Board Hosted Mass 5pm at St. Patrick's Parish Church
- May 6 - Music Monday & the YK Music Festival
- Apr 30 - YCS Parent Survey
- Apr 24 - Budget Planning
- Apr 16 - Fill the Bins Crayon Recycling Challenge
PAC Mtg. June 14th 12:20pm
A number of people sent regrets for our meeting today (June 6) due to a number of reasons, from being fogged-in in Gjoa Haven to sick kids to other commitments....
We did have a meeting with a small group and heard a great presentation from Run for Our Lives. We briefly reviewed the planning process for 2012-2013. The Greenhouse Project & the Learning Through the Arts program were also briefly presented.
1. Bring back family lunches. Perhaps even a photo presentation in the gym with students & families eating brown bag lunches together
2. Look at ways to gather parent input re topics & have meaningful discussion about what students are learning at each grade level
3. Link PAC & CPF meetings so that we are working together
4. Put CPF membership as an option on the Supply Lists
We will try again to hold a meeting on June 14th, Thursday, at 12:20pm.
Please RSVP your attendance and send your Subway Lunch order in to me so I can order lunch for you to make the meeting over lunch more convenient. Just write out what you want. For example: 6 inch, white bread, toasted, subway club with all veggies except hot peppers & a milk.
Agenda for meeting can be seen by clicking here.